DIY Office Hacks
Let’s face it, no one is interested in working a 9 to 5 job in a boring and bland cubicle. We decided that with Spring finally here and inspiration fresh in our minds, we would compile some of the most creative DIY office hacks for you to try out!
1. Washi Tape Cord Organizer: If your desk looks anything like ours underneath, then you know it consists of a million different cords that are tangled and entwined, which are nearly impossible to decipher which cord belongs to which device. Consider this a problem no more, with this cute and colorful organization technique. You can see in this brief tutorial here how Landee was able to separate her cords in a straightforward, yet pretty way.
2. Uncanny Cork Vases and Containers: I think it is safe to say that we are all likely to find different sized cans either in our pantry or in our recycling bins. With this quick and easy project, these otherwise recycled objects suddenly become the foundation for this office hack! You can follow Brittini’s step by step tutorial and then use your new creation as a vase for fresh flowers, a cup to store your pens and pencils or even a fun surface to leave small notes to yourself or others.
3. Cork Trivet Organizer: With cork still in the forefront of our minds, this tutorial seemed not only unique, but also impossibly simple. Rather than storing your writing utensils in the usual cup or container, try this as an alternative that’s both functional and eye appealing.
4. Classic Drawer Bulletin Board: Bulletin boards are always fun because they give you the opportunity to easily display pictures, quotes, reminders or cards, but are also easy to update and replace as time goes on. With this tutorial, you’re taking an old, unused desk drawer and turning it into your own personalized bulletin board! If the drawer style isn’t your favorite, flip through the other 16 DIY bulletin boards included here.
5. Modern DIY Mouse Pad: Now I must admit, this office hack is easily one of my favorites. Update your mouse pad by adding some paint or new material and your desk area will quickly go from generic to on-trend. You can follow the same chevron pattern that Capreek used, or get creative and see where your mind takes you!
6. PVC Pipe Gone Metallic: Metallics are a bold statement that screams, ‘look at me!’ or ‘I’m here!’. With this office hack, you can take transform a bland PVC pipe into a fun and functional desk organizer for virtually anything. Try using different colors, painting different patterns or even using colored tape to revamp and restyle these pipes.
Office hacks are fun to try and help provide an element of style to your work space! Try out some of the ones we have shared with you or tell us any that you have tried as well. We can’t wait to see what you’ve created!
By: Emily K, Swingline Intern