Pre Summer Sizzlin’ Recipes
The weekend is here and our bellies are growling! Judging by these two factors, there’s no better time than now to get outside and fire up the grill for some pre-summer grilling. We were inspired by our Sizzlin’ Sweepstakes to explore with some fun outdoor styles and some tasty recipes! The best part of grilling out is the countless different recipes and side dishes that you can prepare. But between the wind and the bugs, it’s easy for your recipe cards to go from pristine and legible, to sticky and tangy….bleh! To avoid this, try laminating your recipes with our Swingline™ Fusion™ 1100L laminator and our Swingline™ LongLife™ thermal pouches. To get your mind going and your mouth watering, we’re highlighting some of our top recipe picks! Click the linked name for the complete recipe for each.
1. Grilled Fava Beans: The picture alone is enough to make us want to try these. Olive oil, chile, lemon, salt and fava beans make for the perfect side dish.
2. Grilled Artichoke with Lemon Remoulade: Artichokes are one of those nostalgic foods for me. I can remember sitting around the counter with my siblings as we all fought for the last leaf and the heart of the artichoke. This being said, it was hard to pass this up.
3. Zucchini Salad: This recipe looks fresh and easy, and perfect to prepare for a laidback barbecue. As Yumsugar mentioned, eat this right away or let it sit for awhile as the flavors all blend together and intensify!
4. Grilled Peaches and Cream: It’s all been green up until this point! Time to add a little color into our dinner. These pretty and flavorful treats will add the perfect amount of sweetness to the end of your meal. Between the honey, vanilla, and the cinnamon, this one is going to be hard to resist.
5. French Potato Salad: This is quick, easy, and relatively healthy, so it of course needs to be shared. If you show up to a barbecue with something as delicious as this, prepare yourself, because you’ll easily increase your likeability factor immediately.
With the weather as great as it is and the recipes oh so accessible, we suggest you get yourself out there and start whipping up your meals! Do you have any go-to side dishes? We would love to add more to our collection so share with us if you do! Check out our Swingline Sizzlin’ Outdoor Style pinterest board that is filled with even more recipes and some fun decoration tips as well. And don’t forget to enter our Sizzlin’ Sweepstakes for your chance to win a $250 Home Depot gift card and other prizes too!
By: Emily K, Swingline Intern