National Tell a Joke Day
Laughter is one of the easiest and most effective ways to brighten our day, lift our spirits, and bring some overall joy into our lives. Not only has laughter been proven to aid in bringing us closer in relationship with those we share in it with, but it has also proven to have countless health benefits. According to the HealthGuide.org, laughter relaxes the whole body, helps boost the immune system, triggers the release of endorphins, and protects the heart.
Laughter is so important in our day to day lives, that there is an entire day devoted to it! August 18th, 2013, is ‘National Tell a Joke Day’. What better way to get people laughing than sharing jokes with one another? Ultimately, laughing with others builds friendship, trust, and a level of comfort that could be hugely beneficial in your relationship with them.
To encourage the spirit of joking and laughter, we have listed a few witty one-liners that you could share with those around you:
- A man didn’t like his haircut, but it started to grow on him
- When in doubt, mumble
- The sole purpose of a child’s middle name, is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble
- The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room
- A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
- How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to start a campfire?
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
- We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public
Take a few minutes today to share in jokes and laughter with those around you! We have been tacking little jokes to one another’s bulletin boards all morning with our 747 business stapler. This lighthearted action is not only a good break from your day, but is also a fun way to interact with your fellow colleagues.
By: Emily K, Swingline Intern